I love October! It is one of my favorite times of the year. Living in South Carolina and NOT being a “summer heat” kind of girl, the fall is always welcome. October is usually when things start to cool down a little and I start to feel alive again. It is also the time for fall leaves, roasting marshmallows, carving pumpkins and, of course, curling up under a blanket and reading a good book!! I also squeezed in a vacation at the beginning of the month. Granted, it wasn’t a very dry vacation. It rained the whole week, but I got a lot of reading done.
Another fabulous happening for the month was getting plugged in with Netgalley.com. I am so excited to be getting e-ARCs to review. In my opinion Free Books=Happiness! So, it has been a VERY good month overall!
- The Crown Tower – Michael J. Sullivan (Click here for my review)
- The Monstrumologist – Rick Yancey (Click here for my review)
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone – Laini Taylor (Click here for my review)
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood (Click here for my review)
- The Scribe – Elizabeth Hunter (Click here for my review)
- The Heavens Rise – Christopher Rice (Click here for my review)
As far as reading months go, October was a really good one! I tend to only read 3-4 books a month so, getting 6 done was really good for me. I also enjoyed almost all of my reads. The first half of The Handmaid’s Tale was rough, but it ended well and it really made me think. If I had to pick my favorite titles this month, they would be The Crown Tower and Daughter of Smoke & Bone. The Crown Tower was like coming home to old friend I have missed since finishing the Riyria series. Daughter of Smoke & Bone was something new and refreshing.