I was nominated for this award by The Bookmark Addict. Thank you so much!!
-Link back to the person who nominated you
-Post 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator
-Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can’t nominate the person who nominated you)
-Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer
-Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
11 Facts About Me
- I was born in South Carolina and have lived here my whole life. I’m happy being a southern girl!
- I love to travel! It all started on a school exchange to England when I was in college. I get out of the U.S. any chance I get.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.
- I hate hot weather.
- I love dogs, but not cats.
- I am happily married with no children.
- I am a serious foodie.
- I love trying new things and consider myself pretty adventurous.
- I am honest to a fault.
- I am an introvert.
- I am a geek. I used to really hate this about myself, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve fully embraced my geekiness.
11 Questions from The Bookmark Addict
- What movie do you actually like better than the book?
I’d have to say Divergent. I saw the movie before I read the book and it held my attention more than the book.
- Do you read blogs other than book blogs? What are some of your favorites?
The majority of the blogs I read are book related, but I do venture outside the box. La Joie de Vivre, I Love Geekology 101 & Funk’s House of Geekery are a few of my favorites.
- What is your favorite book genre?
I’d have to say Fantasy. I’m lumping Vampires, Shifters and Ghosts under this heading.
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would it be?
I could never pick just one book, but if I had to pick a series, it would be Harry Potter.
- What is your favorite quote?
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Do you enjoy reading classics?
I do now. I hated them as a kid. Getting me to read my required reading up through high school was quite a chore. After I got into college, I was a lot better about it. Now, I don’t mind them at all. I think it is this rebellious streak I have; I like them as long as no one is making me read them.
- What was your favorite book that was required reading for school?
Probably Hamlet. I had a really cool English teacher that year and he took the class on a field trip to the theater to see Hamlet (the one with Mel Gibson). That probably tells you how old I am. I’ve always been a sucker for Shakespeare.
- Beside reading, what other hobbies do you have?
I love crafts. I make jewelry, I make wreaths, I do flower arrangements, I like interior decorating, and I scrapbook some. I also love to garden.
- Where is your favorite reading spot?
In the bed. I could lay there all day and read. In fact, I have!
- Do you watch any booktubers?
I do not. I just cannot get into videos. I will look up a video if I need to know how to do something, but I don’t troll videos.
- Do you read magazines?
I do. I like Better Homes & Gardens, Travel & Leisure, and National Geographic.
Who I Nominate
Classy Cat Books
I Love Geekology 101
La Joie de Vivre
Orange Owls & Books
Books to the Tea
Mystifying Paranormal Reviews
Over the Effing Rainbow
Blog the Eclectic
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you become a blogger?
- What was your favorite book growing up?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what book or book series would you choose to have with you?
- If you could marry a fictional character, who would it be?
- Who is your favorite villain (book, movie or TV)?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? (Fictional places are totally within bounds.)
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What book to movie adaptation did you love or hate the most?
- Name one item on your bucket list.